64 Glenferrie Road, Malvern 3144
0435 464 790
(03) 9015 6429
Our Melbourne psychology clinic is located in the inner-eastern suburb of Malvern. As psychologists in clinical practice utilise evidence-based interventions and standardised assessment tools to assist clients in restoring their mood and achieving balance in life.
At Positive Wellbeing Psychology, we describe our Melbourne psychology clinic as a warm and professional private practice. Our team is dedicated to helping individuals access quality psychotherapy in person at our Malvern location and online via telehealth.
Our Melbourne psychology clinic is located in the inner-easter suburb of Malvern. As psychologists in clinical practice, we adopt evidence-based interventions and standardised assessment tools to help clients restore balance and implement various measures to provide best practice and positive client outcomes.
We strive to:
1. Increase the likelihood of a strong therapeutic relationship through our pre-treatment intake process. This process allows the psychologist to prepare and to focus on establishing a warm and trusting setting in the initial session.
2. Use reliable and valid screening tests to clarify mental health concerns on the referral and/or the Health Care Treatment Plan.
3. Adopt well-established and standardised assessment tools to ensure precise diagnosis in a variety of cases, encompassing challenges such as adult ADHD, autism, as well as various cognitive and developmental difficulties in adults.
4. Embracing evidence-based treatment approaches that have been well-supported by research to demonstrate their effectiveness in improving clients mental health and well-being.
5. Use pre- and post-treatment measures that are proven to track the individuals progress in therapy and to direct future planning and goal setting.
6. Establish a holistic approach with the individuals GP as required.
7. Provide timely, written communication (within 1-2 days) to the individual’s GP; not limited to acceptance and review letters.
8. Maintain a waitlist to provide clients with earlier appointments when existing clients cancel.
9. Respond to booking requests within 24 hours (or earlier) and provide individuals an available time within 7 days, thereby minimising delays in commencing therapy.
10. Provide online and accessible psychology from the private and confidential setting of the individuals home and device.
Our team welcome self-referrals via Private Health and referrals from General Practitioners, Psychiatrists, other Allied Health Professionals, and AFL-PA. We accept self-referrals under the Medicare Better Access Scheme including the Mental Health Treatment Plan and Eating Disorder Treatment and Management Plans, as well as self-managed participants under the NDIS.
Our team welcome self-referrals the Medicare Better Access Scheme including the Mental Health Treatment Plan and Eating Disorder Treatment and Chronic Disease Management Plans.
The Australian Government provides various options for Medicare-subsidised psychological therapy sessions. Below, you can review some of these options:
Mental Health Treatment Plans (MHTP): Eligible patients can access Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual psychological treatment services within a calendar year. You can speak to your GP about accessing these 10 sessions per calendar year. Initially, you will have a MHTP allocating a set of 6 sessions and then a GP review will be required before accessing the remaining 4 sessions per the calendar year.
Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM Plan): Eligible patients can receive Medicare rebates for up to 5 individual psychological treatment services within a calendar year. The individual will need to have a GP Management Plan in place. For the CDM Plan, a multidisciplinary team may be involved in the care of a patient with a chronic medical condition. This team typically includes the clients GP as the central coordinator, along with other allied health professionals as needed based on the patient’s specific condition and needs.
The specific allied health professionals involved can vary depending on the patient’s condition, but common allied health practitioners who might be part of the CDM team include:
The number and types of allied health professionals on the team will depend on the patient’s individual health needs and the goals of their Chronic Disease Management Plan. The GP will assess and determine which allied health services are necessary for the patient’s care.
Eating Disorder Treatment and Management Plan: Eligible patients can access Medicare rebates for up to 40 individual psychological treatment services and 20 dietetics services within a calendar year. For psychology support, you will require a GP review at the 10th session, then a psychiatric review at the 20th session to access the remaining 20 sessions with a psychologist. We recommend to have the GP appointment also booked at the 20th session as well; as we provide a joint care team approach that links in the GP for regular medical monitoring as part of the treatment approach.
Our Melbourne psychology clinic is located in the inner-easter suburb of Malvern. As psychologists in clinical practice, we adopt evidence-based interventions and standardised assessment tools to help clients restore balance. Specifically, our experienced psychologists conduct a variety of screeners, standardised assessment tools and evidence-based interventions and psychotherapy approaches depending on the client’s individual needs, which may include a combination of:
1. Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT and CBT-E for Eating Disorders)
2. Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
3. Mindfulness Meditation
4. Motivational Interviewing (MI)
5. Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
6. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
7. Schema Therapy
8. Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
9 The Gottman Method for Relationship Therapy
By entrusting our Melbourne psychology clinic with your patient referrals, you will be helping to connect patients with a highly skilled psychologist who is experienced in their individual therapy assessment and intervention needs. Your patients will be provided with a choice to engage with our psychologists either through Telehealth or In person at our Melbourne psychology practice nestled in the inner-eastern suburb of Malvern.
Our psychologists are diligent in providing correspondence to GPs who refer patients to our Melbourne psychology clinic. This correspondence may include:
1. GP acceptance letter
2. GP review letters for the client’s 6th, 10th, and 20th sessions
3. Medication review requests
4. Weight tracking and medical monitoring for clients with Eating Disorder Presentations
At Positive Wellbeing Psychology, we offer flexible appointments with our psychologists during the day, evening, or weekends, both in-person at our Melbourne psychology practice or online via telehealth.
Our team of psychologists hold full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and adhere to ethical guidelines as mandated by the Psychologists Registration Board and the Australian Psychological Society. Our clinical practice is grounded in evidence-based treatment approaches, ensuring comprehensive support for a range of clinical presentations.